KEIM steam pumps are among the finest available to the Live Steam enthusiast.
These pumps are bar-stock fabrications and are scaled-down versions of the Westinghouse prototypes.
Designed for 1-1/2″ scale steam locos.
- Fully test-operated on steam
- Overall height 6″
- Body width 3.5″
- Depth 1.75″
- 1/4-40 MTP male pipe threads on steam inlet / exhaust
- 5/16-27 MTP female pipe threads on water cylinder connections
- Dual water inlets/outlets for either Fireman or Engineer side mount
- Steam inlet head can be moved to opposite valve chest
- Working pressure range: 60-120 PSI
- Displaces 2.75 pints per minute at 120 strokes per minute
- Lubrication: 600W steam cylinder oil
- 2×10-32 tapped holes on 1.72″ centres are provided on the backside of the water cylinder for mounting
This 2 cylinder pump is designed to be used as a supplemental feed water device for your loco’s boiler.
This model can be used to approximate the appearance of an Elesco feed water pump or New York Air compressor. It also features the highest flow output for its body size. There are no external valve linkages to set the timing on. It’s truly a simple to use and maintain water pump.
A displacement lubricator is not supplied (is available separately) but is required when plumbing this pumpup to a steam line. Operation can be made using compressed air, however, an inline lubrication system is recommended. Allow up to 60 seconds for a cold pump tp start. Normal response time for a pump to begin cycling is 5 to 15 seconds.